Emma Anderson Memorial Chapel
Wednesday, September 19, 2018
Since 1951

EMMA ANDERSON MEMORIAL CHAPEL is a nondenominational church built in 1951 in memory of the mother of J.G. Anderson Sr., developer of Topsail Beach. Mr. Anderson's vision was to sell lots to families for summer residences. His vision included a place for worship that would also be a respite for ministers. All these things became reality.

The first service in the chapel was held on July 22, 1951, with 68 people present. The chapel has been an important part of the spiritual life of Topsail Beach, the island and surrounding area ever since.

We gather for worship, the preaching and teaching of God's Word, and Christian fellowship. Our mission is to glorify God and to proclaim Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior of all.

Photograph dated June 18, 1953
 
Since 1951, lay leaders have guided the chapel but a guest minister leads us in worship each Sunday. In fulfillment of Mr. Anderson's vision, the minister and family have use of the chapel's parsonage for a week. This is our gift to the minister.
 
For 50 years, EAMC was only open for church services from Easter to Labor Day weekend. In 2000, our beloved chapel opened the doors for services year round. During the summer months, we have active children's and youth programs led by a Youth Minister and Youth Ministry Assistant.
 
The chapel is governed by a Board of Governors, Executive Committee and Trustees. They meet on the third Saturday of every other month beginning in January. 
 
We welcome you to join us for worship and fellowship. Casual beach attire is perfectly acceptable!
 
 
 
In the name of Christ, we bid you welcome to this Church. 
  
May those who sorrow find comfort;
 
the weary, rest; 
 
the troubled, peace;
 
the stranger, friends; 
 
the unhappy, joy, 
 
and to all the sense of God's presence in this, His Holy Place. 
 
Let all the world keep silent before Him.                                                             
 
SaveSave
 
SaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSave
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
 
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
 
SaveSaveSaveSave
 
SaveSaveSaveSave