Emma Anderson Memorial Chapel invites Christian ministers from a variety of denominations to lead our worship services.It’s been that way since the first service in the chapel was celebrated on July 22, 1951.
NOTE: Ministers are subject to change without notice.
Our love of God motivates us to invite Christian ministers to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ to anyone within our reach by leading worship services without denominational discrimination.
Our Guest Ministers come from all over the U.S.; one has come from Haiti. They offer a variety of sermons and preaching styles that open our eyes and ears and hearts to God’s Word in ways that help us grow as His disciples.
- They are retired and active, pastors, evangelists, medical doctors, and lay ministers.
- They are military chaplains, hospital chaplains and founders of nonprofits.
- They come from urban outreach, psychiatric, youth-focused and music ministries.
- They represent lifelong commitments to Christ as well as recent conversions.
- They represent universities, seminaries, hospitals and hospice programs as well as a variety of Christian faiths.
Minister Selection Process
Our church does not have a full-time minister. Each year the Board of Governors accepts applications from guest ministers for the following year until October of the current year. Ministers who are selected to lead worship receive a weeklong stay in our parsonage in grateful appreciation for their ministry.
Applications are in the vestibule of the chapel or can be requested by email.
Nomination period for guest ministers:
2024: January 1, 2023 – October 13, 2023
About The Review and Selection Process
At the close of the nomination period, the Ministerial Selection Committee determines the guest minister schedule for the coming year. The committee invites ministers who represent a variety of Christian denominations and both genders, as well as new and experienced ministers. Special consideration for scheduling during the summer months is given to ministers with school-aged children.
After ministers have accepted the invitation to preach, the committee first notifies their sponsors, then notifies the sponsors and ministers who could not be accommodated.
The sponsor fills out their portion of the application before forwarding it to the minister. A sponsor will be required to:
- Greet the minister upon arrival.
- Visit with the minister sometime during the week.
- Provide a warm welcome, especially if the family is new to our chapel.
- Make arrangements for someone else to perform the above duties if they are unable to be present in the community during their minister’s stay.
Sponsors have the opportunity to provide the flowers for the sanctuary during the week their minister leads worship. An affiliate may sponsor only one minister per year.
For Guest Ministers
Once prospective ministers receive an application from their sponsor, they complete their portion and submit it to the selection committee.
Nominations are reviewed in October. Ministers who are invited to preach must accept in writing. Participation by ministers in future years requires reapplication.